Snack Attack: No-Bake Energy Bites
We Rockettes are always on the move, which means we are always looking for lip-smacking, protein-packed snacks that will help give us an energizing boost and quick nutrition fix. Enter: no-bake energy bites. These nutty noshes are the perfect superfood for on-the-go munching. Made with simple ingredients full of protein, good fats and carbs, make these pint-sized balls to help keep your inner Incredible Hulk at bay:
*Makes 20-25 balls
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or any other nut butter!)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Cover the bowl and let chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll the mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to a week (or try freezing them!).